Sunday, February 3, 2019

June 25, 1999

Melinda Pillsbury-Foster
 1324 State Street Suite 1296
Santa Barbara, CA 93101



June 25, 1999




Ronald Edward Foster (AKA Kellett)
7019 Chimineas Avenue
Reseda, CA 91335
(805) 343-6733






Dear Ron,
            I am writing this letter to document the events of the past few hours and to set some guide lines for future interactions which include Arthur. 
            As I told you on the phone, it is entirely inappropriate to try to use a young man with a brain injury as a conduit for the passing of information critical to the scheduling of events.  Arthur is not capable, as you have seen, of ensuring that such information is reliably transmitted on a timely basis. 
            Arthur has improved enormously.  He is walking straighter and with more ease, but he still must use a cane.  His memory is improving slowly and he is taking adult education classes and participating in youth events at a local church.  He is taking a workshop this summer to help him repattern his brain and regain more functionality.  He is in several kinds of rehabilitation and is doing rehabilitative yoga with a private instructor twice a week.  He is no longer using any prescription drugs. 
            All of this has been very expensive, of course.  And you have refused to help out financially although you know that you are morally and legally obligated to do so.  You have disappointed Arthur twice now, refusing to visit him or take him on the proposed trip for reasons that lead back to the miscommunications you foster by trying to avoid talking to me directly.  Since I am unsure what the source of the miscommunication actually is I think it would be best that all future communications be between us and then confirmed by letter. 
            The kind of dissension and miscommunication that this kind of interaction can cause can only hurt Arthur and make my job as his caretaker harder.  I am sure you appreciate how difficult this past year has been for me.  I have to ask you to stop trying to pass information through him and communicate with me directly, with confirming letters sent by fax and dated.   
            You are aware that I am Arthur’s conservator and full time caretaker.  I have asked you in the past to call me directly regarding any and all scheduling that concerns or involves Arthur.  I must now renew that request and make it a demand.  Also, I cannot continue to communicate with you if you insist on letting Beverly scream obscenities and threats at me in the back ground.  Not only is it confucive to terrible stress for me but it is impossible for me to be sure what you said.  Therefore all of these communications should take place while you are at work. 
            It is my dearest wish that Arthur recover and be able to lead as normal a life as possible.   I know that you must share that wish.  Please cooperate so that this can happen. 
You can fax me at home.  I gave you my fax number but I will include it again here.  Please do not allow Beverly to call me again.  If you do so I will have to ask the court to issue a restraining order to prevent her from calling and verbally abusing me.  
            I sincerely hope that these problems can be worked out for Arthur’s sake. 

Sincerely, 



Melinda Pillsbury-Foster
Fax: (805) 682-4444

cc.  Todd Porter, attorney-at-law
           

No comments:

Post a Comment