Sunday, September 10, 2017

3 EXHIBIT 13 - IRS - April 23, 1997 - Citibank regarding refusal to renew credit card




This document, which has been questioned by blogger, has been read.  It is entirely accurate and needs to be republished. 

April 23, 1997

S. Larson
Customer Service

Regarding:  Citibank card
Account No. 4128 0024 9058 2934


Dear Mr./Ms. Larson, 

Today I received your communication regarding your decision not to issue new a new card for my Ford Citibank account, number cited above.  
I am not writing to ask you to reconsider issuing the card.  I am perfectly satisfied to pay off the balance as soon as possible.  But I would like you to know why it has been impossible for me to keep up the payments - and why I continued to use the card when I was unable to make payments, as I very much wanted to do.  
Last June my husband called me from work and told me that, “he was having a little trouble with the IRS and would need to find an accountant.”  I was naturally very concerned and immediately found him three referrals - and several attorneys.  When we married he had promised me to clean up his own accounting and he had continued to assure me that this had been done, although we filed separately.   He had, as I found out last February, lied to me, continuously and quite successfully.  The truth was that he had not filed for 25 years - even though, and this is where I could not believe the outrageous stupidity of his act, he was employed and his employer was taking enough withholding so that he should have been getting a refund every year.  
Nothing I said or did had any effect.  he paid $6,000 to attorneys; went out for meetings with them, and complained endlessly about taxes, the stupidity of his attorney and everyone he knew or had known - but his pay check continued to dwindle.  I was forced to sell many cherished family heirlooms; spend the small inheritance from my father; my children were forced to take full time jobs while they attended college.  
Last February he came down with adult-onset diabetes.  He was hospitalized and during that time I went into his work and went through his office.
His filing system was remarkable.  Twenty-five years worth of unpaid traffic tickets, jury summons, tax liens, and unopened bills filled 29 boxes (we are talking moving boxes here, not those little filing boxes) that lined two walls from ceiling to floor.  I had been told these were company records.  In box nine I found the tax returns my accountant fad filled out for him ten years ago.  He had signed, but never mailed them.  
It took me six weeks working 18 hours a day to sort the trash.  This included dumping his dirty underwear, quite a collection.  I found more boxes secreted in the garage.  he continued to maintain that ,”it was not his fault.  I spent too much.”  Last year his W-2 read, $650,000.00.  He also has around $100,000 a year in tax free annuities  He could always find money for what he wanted - but not a dime to pay the bills, including the mortgage and loans he had taken out.  
The last tax lien should be off this week.  He no longer touches money.  This will remain the case until our divorce is final.  Then I will hand it back with a sign of relief and wish his accountant luck.  
If we got back everything taken by the IRS and State Franchise Tax Board in just the last 10 years I could retire.  We won’t, but the amount was around half a million.  
Now, having explained what happened to me I have a question for you.  The Ford card which you issued has listed 508 rebate points available.  I would like to redeem these now.  What is the procedure?  
Thank you for prompt attention.  


Sincerely, 

M.P. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment